Sunday, March 11, 2012

Intro to our family

I have never been in to blogging, but today I saw a way cute one and decided it was time I started. However, mine will probably not be as cute as the one I saw : ) Our family consists of me (Nicole), dad Adam, baby Aiden (almost 5 months), and foster son Brandon who's ten. We have a seriously crazy busy life! 
I'm doing a year long Practicum for my Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy at Cirque Lodge in Orem. I graduate in December. Cirque is a residential treatment center for drugs and alcohol-basically a rehab center. I absolutely love it! Sometimes it's incredibly scary and intimidating, especially considering that I'm a 22 year old female with no history of addiction or substance use, working with men aged 20-55 who have been using and abusing drugs and alcohol for years. But overall, it's an extremely rewarding experience and I'm learning a lot!! I work there about 24 hours a week, and then I work for my mom's company Utah Behavior Services doing in-home behavior therapy with kids with Autism about 12 hours a week. 
Adam is working at Dixon Middle School in Provo, tracking the kids with delinquent grades or attendance. He enjoys it most days, and likes having his own office and being able to do his own thing while getting his job done. He's also in Graduate school at Utah State University, studying Physical Education, Health and Recreation. Basically he'll be qualified to teach Health and PE in a college setting, as well as being involved with sports teams training and whatnot. He's super into it and loves it a lot!
Aiden is growing so fast! He's rolling over now from his belly to his back (as long as it's the right audience ;)), and is getting to the point where he can sort of sit up for a few seconds at a time by himself! He's a super happy smiley baby and we love him so much! He's always in a good mood unless he's sick, and will pretty much smile about anything all the time. He has brought so much joy into our lives and we're so glad to have him!
Brandon is ten, and since he is a foster child, I can't really say much else about him because of confidentiality, but he's here too and we really enjoy having him. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment